General Information –
Please scroll down for current RF schedule 17-18
WHO NEEDS TO REGISTER:
Registration is open to those families who are currently registered here at Christ the King.
- Program registration is required in order for a child to attend classes.
- Parents/Guardians of all children who have not been previously registered in our parish program need to contact the Religious Formation office to register.
- Students new to the program, who have not been baptized at Christ the King must provide a copy of their baptismal record.
- If your child was active in the program last year, you do not need to re-register. Catholic school students in Grade 2 (First Communion) and 8 (Confirmation), must register for sacramental preparation.
- Please let us know if your child will not be returning to the program next year, i.e: Catholic school student who was in First Communion, a child that is transferring to a Catholic school, and/or family who is moving out of the area.
If public schools and the University of Rhode Island have cancelled activities due to inclement weather or other extenuating circumstances, Religious Formation classes will automatically be cancelled. Additionally, announcements of cancellations will be made on all local radio, TV stations, as well as the parish website including Facebook & Twitter.
Please be certain that the Religious Formation office is informed about all medical and allergy information about your child(ren). It is important to inform the Director of any medical changes that may occur throughout the year.
The Director should be informed of any special accommodations (academic or other) your child(ren) may require. Pertinent information concerning child custody should also be shared with the Religious Formation office. All information is kept confidential.
Christ the King Parish is also committed to providing a safe and positive place for children to learn and share faith. In order to maintain optimal safety, all who work with our parish children and youth must complete the diocesan Safe Environment Training program, as well as a background check. Our student curriculum also includes the Circle of Grace program as part of Safe Environment practices.
To assist of the safe and orderly operation of our Religious Formation program, the following procedures are noted:
Arrival/departure procedures –
- Please do not park on Upper College Rd. Anyone who is in violation may be ticketed by University security.
- Parking lots are located behind the University Information Center across the street from Swan and the Faculty lot across from Washburn.
- There are crossing guards at all cross walks; please be sure to be respectful and follow their directions.
- Classes begin at 10:15 am and teachers are required to be in class at 10:00 am.
- Children who are dropped off beforehand will be unsupervised. For safety reasons, please do not leave any child in a classroom that is unattended.
- Children in grades 4 and up will automatically be released from class at 11:15 am.
- Children in grades 3 and lower require an older sibling or parent to pick them up from their classrooms.
- For safety purposes students in Grades 1 through 5, who must leave before dismissal at 11:15 must be escorted by a parent who comes directly to the classroom. Children will not be dismissed otherwise.
- For safety purposes students in Grades Pre- K & K, must be picked up by a parent. Grades 6 & 7, who must leave before dismissal at 11:15 are required to have a note from parent or be picked up by parent from their classroom. Children will not be dismissed otherwise.
Due to the limited number of teaching hours, it is important that a student be present for each class unless illness or other serious reasons prevent their attendance. If a child is unable to attend class, parents should call the Religious Formation office (401-789-0417).
Grade Levels assigned to Swan and Washburn Halls:
SWAN HALL: Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 6 & 7
WASHBURN HALL: 3, 4, & 5
For More Information Please Contact:
Georgann Lardaro, Director (Pre-K to Grade 8)
Eva Mancuso, Confirmation Coordinator and Youth Minister
Brenda Tougas, Administrative Assistant for Religious Formation